3 Steps in Selection of Appropriate Commercial Grade Door Knobs
Interested in purchasing commercial grade door knobs? Then you are at the right place, as we will be covering this topic in the following sections. Here we will take a look at some of the details you need to consider before making a purchase.
Steps to Follow While Purchasing Commercial Grade Door Knobs
Step #1: Door Measurement
• Bore Hole Measurement: First thing you will have to do is get measurement of diameter of bore hole so that a knob of right size can be purchased. It will be necessary to take measurement across the hole and keep record of the same.
• Backset Measurement: Backset refers to space between edge of the door and the bore hole. Normally, you will find backset to be 2 3/4" or 2 3/8".
• Examine Thickness of Door: Another measurement you will have to take will be thickness of door. For this you will have to take measurement from left edge and up to right edge of the door. Normally, interior doors have thickness of about 1 3/8" while exterior doors are around 1 ¾" thick. Moreover, while taking measurements you will have to check whether door has average thickness or else it will become necessary to buy special hardware for installing the commercial grade door knobs.
Step #2: Decide About Lockset
Next step would consist of selection of lockset. Here you have two options to choose from, one is mortise locks and the other is cylindrical locks.
Mortise locks usually have rectangular body which cylindrical locks have rounded shape and can be inserted into door's bore hole and connected to a latch bolt. Mortise locks are more common in commercial facilities such as industrial sites as well as warehouses.
Step #3: Other Purchase Considerations
Few of the other details you will have to look into at the time of purchasing commercial grade door knobs include:
• Match Style with Functionality: You may opt for utilitarian design for all door knobs you want to purchase for your facility. On the opposite end, it is also possible to select a different knob according to room it will be fitted in.
It will be important to select a style which does not impede functionality. As for instance, do not select any ornate style which may affect functionality of door knob.
• Select a Finish: There is no dearth of choices when it comes to finishes and you will have to select one as per location where door knob will be installed as well as according to aesthetic appeal you want to achieve.
As for instance, a chrome door knob can be a option in case you are looking for something which is easy to clean.
The Bottom Line
Above details make it quite clear that you need to spend some time and understand all the details which are to be checked before purchasing commercial grade door knobs.
By investing some of your time you will be able to select the right knobs for your commercial facility.