Stuffed Spaghetti Squash loaded up with succulent pieces of chicken, delicate broccoli, and a simple mushy filling. Ameliorating and shockingly sound, your entire family will love delving into their very own low carb sans gluten Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boat.
Generally gentle in taste, Spaghetti Squash has rapidly turned into the widely adored low carb substitute for noodles and rice. With just around 42 calories for every 1 container and identification of endorsement from the Paleo team, it’s anything but difficult to perceive any reason why such huge numbers of individuals have bounced ready.
Ideal for anybody attempting to eat less starches, Spaghetti Squash Boats, similar to these Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash, are commonly loaded up with a blend of cheddar, vegetables, and protein.
These Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, loaded up with succulent chicken and sound broccoli, are cherished by all ages-even particular 5-year-old kiddos!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil – divided
- 2 large chicken breasts – chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 shallots – minced
- 6 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp cream cheese – at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – shredded
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese – shredded
- For the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub the squash clean and dry thoroughly. Cut the squash in half using a sharp, stable and reliable knife. Cut the squash in half lengthwise (stem to end- as shown in the images). Scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil and use a pastry brush (or your hands) to brush over the entire surface of the squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place cut-side down on the lined baking sheet.
- Place squash in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- When cool enough to handle, gently scrape out the squash with a fork to remove the flesh in long strands.
- For the Chicken and Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Remove the chicken to a clean plate and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and shallots to the skillet. Sauté the shallots for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and cook until fragrant- approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and 1-2 tablespoons of water to the skillet. Mix well and cover. Allow the broccoli to steam for 2 minutes before uncovering. Return the chicken back to the skillet. Continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese with the Greek yogurt. Add the chicken and broccoli to the cream cheese mixture, mixing well to combine. Stir in the parmesan cheese and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese with the chicken and broccoli.
- Transfer the cooked strands of spaghetti squash to the mixing bowl with the chicken, broccoli, and cheeses. Gently mix to combine. Evenly divide spaghetti squash and chicken mixture between the spaghetti squash bowls. Top with mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice) and place face up on the prepared baking sheet. Cover the baking dish and squash with foil, creating a tent to prevent the foil from touching the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove the foil tent and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Source : bit.ly/2ENLyFC